All work and no play

December 22, 2009
First day back at work. I felt like I'd never worked there before, everything seemed so unfamiliar and strange and I hoped against all hope that the day would go by effortlessly so that I could have some time to get back into my routine. But of course - all hell broke loose.

There were tons of customers all whom were buying a million things, getting through each one took ages and that created a long cue, plus I was extra slow today because I'd forgotten every code I once knew. People were getting frustrated and I was getting stressed. When one customer had exceeded her credit card limit and wouldn't give back the groceries saying it was a system failure on my side, I thought it was just bad luck, but when the scales on my counter broke I knew that this just had to be one of those days. I was right, as more crappy situations came my way, and I didn't even get to have a proper lunch even though I'd had to wait for it for ages. I also had to work overtime because loads of people came in 5 min before closing time and I had to stay there until everyone had left :(

I'm so thankful that this horrible day is finally over...more work at 8 tomorrow, goodie :(

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails