A terrifying terrorist!!

July 4, 2009
Those of you you happened to have caught me online the few times I've been on know that our household currently holds visitors. My mother's friend from Sauda (the place we used to live before we moved to Drammen) and her 6 year old daughter Sophia are currently occupying our guest bedroom. Needless to say I am not entierly happy with this visit because as you all know I have no tolerance for human creatures below the age of 14! This one has also turned out to be quite a challenge. Apparently the creature adores me and is therefore hanging around me like a dog on a leash. She never leaves my side and insists on telling me every single little detail of her days. Believe me when I say that she can make a whole 10 page long essay on how she was bit by a mosquito. By telling me all of this she also interrups my reading of the one book I've had time to read since my last holidays.

The one interest we seem to share are cats, but even there she manages to make the conversation as dull as a white sheet of paper. Yeah, yeah, Iknow she's only six, but she is six and very very uninteresting. Her mother, seeing that the child has fun torturing me, keeps on suggesting that we do stuff together, like play a game or something. But I am not a babysitter!!!

Although to be fair I've grown used to her now, and sometmes I even enjoy her company. She is funny and reminds me alot of myself when I was her age. She can laugh for hours on end jst because she thinks that pulling faces is funny. Makes me wonder how it'd be to have a sister :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

how mean

Dreaming said...

Mean but true!

karlee said...

true is better than nice most of the time! i like this post. your writing is nice.

Dreaming said...

Thank you Karlee, I enjoy your writing too :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails